Steak au Poivre with Cognac Recipe is an exceptional dish that is beloved by many for its rich and sophisticated flavors. The combination of juicy steak, peppercorn crust, and a creamy cognac sauce creates a unique and unforgettable taste experience. The addition of cognac to the sauce not only adds depth and complexity to the dish, but it also elevates the overall flavor profile. The cognac sauce perfectly complements the steak, adding a luxurious and indulgent touch to the dish. Additionally, the dish is easy to prepare and is perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner. Overall, the Steak au Poivre with Cognac Recipe is a dish that is sure to impress and leave a lasting impression on anyone who tries it.Here’s a recipe for Steak au Poivre with Cognac:
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
TYPE OF DISH: Main Course
RECIPE YIELD: 4 servings CALORIES: 600 per serving
- 4 boneless beef steaks (8 oz. each), 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Cognac
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the steaks with salt and coat them with the crushed peppercorns, pressing them into the meat.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the steaks for about 10-12 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steaks to a platter to rest.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the Cognac and stir to deglaze the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and heated through.
- Serve the steaks hot with the Cognac sauce poured over the top.
Enjoy your delicious Steak au Poivre with Cognac!